[joomla] Groups?

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 19:11:12 EDT 2005

On 10/7/05, Ryan W. Ozimek <cozimek at picnet.net> wrote:
> Hans,
>
> There's been great work by hackwar at the forum thread below, who's working
> hard to do a faster integration of phpGACL:
>
> Joomla ACL enhancments
> http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,3391.0.html
>
> Looks like hackwar's gotten quite far in his work.

He's actually coding like a man posessed...

Hans, for the record we have caved in to community demands and focused
the next point release on translation of the backend (this will be
1.1). 1.2 will include ADOdb, and lay the groundwork for phpGACL (or
whatever ACL we end up implementing). In fact, I know that the 1.2
release will incorporate the first stages of phpGACL implementation,
and will include custom groups.

I'm writing this from the UK, where the Joomla! core developers are
having their summit to make just these decisions. First, some beer.

*spacemonkey is very thirsty

Tomorrow the roadmap will be discussed in the afternoon (GMT), and I
will update as soon as I have access to the internet.

--
Mitch Pirtle
Joomla! Core Developer